117th Annual Golden Dragon Parade & Chinese New Year Festival
Saturday, February 13, 2016 117th Golden Dragon Parade:
1pm-3pm ONLY (commencing at Hill and Ord Streets and concluding at Broadway and Cesar Chavez). Grand Marshals are TBA For Parade information, contact the Chinese Chamber of Commerce at (213) 617-0396. lagoldendragonparade.com
Chinese New Year Festival
Central Plaza Stage (New Chinatown)
943-951 N. Broadway
FREE to the public. The festival is easily accessed via Metro Gold Line rail from the Chinatown Station.
The following streets will be closed starting from 11:00am to 4:00pm
* Hill Street from Bernard Street to Temple Street
* Ord, Alpine, College, & Bernard Streets from North Broadway to North Hill Street
* North Broadway from Bernard Street to Cesar Chavez Avenue
* Cesar Chavez Avenue from North Broadway to Main Street
- Arts & Craft Workshop(Monkey Headband & Lantern)
- Calligraphy Workshop by Nori Shirasu
- Calligraphy by George Guojin Cui
- Dough Sculptor by Chris Lee
- Fruit & Vegetable Carving by THAIS, Inc.
- Roaming Magician by Minh Tran (6pm-8pm)
- Story-telling by Barbara Wong (4:15pm & 5:15pm)
Capuchin Monkey & Trainer (5PM-8PM)
Central Plaza Main Stage Performance 12pm Traditional Southern Style Dragon and Lion Dance by East Wind Foundation For Youth 12:30pm Chinese Acrobatics (Mongolian Contortion, Foot Juggling, Rolla Bolla, Juggling) 1pm-3pm DARK (Parade) 3pm Connie Lim 3:45pm Traditional Southern Style Dragon and Lion Dance by East Wind Foundation For Youth 4pm Martial Arts by Shaolin Yanxu Gongfa School 4:30pm Chinese Acrobatics (Face Changing, Mongolian Contortion, Teapot Juggling, Foot Juggling, Rolla Bolla, Juggling) 5:15pm Performance by Larrisa Lam and Only Won 6pm Traditional Southern Style Dragon and Lion Dance by East Wind Foundation For Youth 6:15pm Martial Arts by Shaolin Yanxu Gongfa School 6:45pm Chinese Acrobatics (Face Changing, Mongolian Contortion, Teapot Juggling, Foot Juggling, Rolla Bolla, Juggling) 7:30pm Monkey King and Metal Fan Princess (Opera Scene) with support from California Institute for Chinese Performing Arts
Sol De Cobre
*Schedule subject to change without notice
Chinese New Year Festival is produced by Chinatown Business Improvement District in collaboration with the following community partners: KCRW 89.9, LA Weekly, Los Angeles Chinatown Corporation, ChungKing Plaza Association and BuzzBandsLA.